The University Program Council invites all students and organizations to participate in Homecoming Week 2022 events and festivities! This year, Homecoming Week is September 25 - October 1, 2022.
Homecoming Week is the epitome of Ragin' Cajuns pride! Celebrating the sheer awesomeness of UL Lafayette and bringing alumni back to reminisce on the great times they shared is a huge part of Homecoming Week. The University Program Council presents a week of events that inspire students to love their University more and more each day. Kicking off the week with Paint Your Pride window decorating, various student organizations exhibit their artistic talents by depicting Ragin' Cajun scenes from football fields to the Walk of Honor to our beloved fleur-de-lis. Throughout the week, students are able to get free cupcakes at our Cupcake Give Away, show their skills in Cajuns Got Talent, scream at the top of their lungs for the Ragin' Cajuns football team at our Yell Like Hell pep rally, and end the week by cheering on the Ragin' Cajuns at the Homecoming football game. Additionally, the Homecoming Court recognizes outstanding UL Lafayette students and showcases their achievements and contributions to the betterment of the University.
The Homecoming Court now includes The Queen, four Maids, a King, and four dukes. All organizations are encouraged to nominate one female and one male to interview for the Court. Homecoming Court nominations will open soon! Your Homecoming Court will be introduced during Homecoming Week!
For 2022's Wear Red, Get Fed and Donation Drive, we are focusing on the University's Campus Cupboard. The Campus Cupboard is an ABC Food Pantry (Anything But Cans). Many students do not own can openers, and a lot of canned items are high in sodium, low in nutritional value, and undesirable to students - and therefore do not get used. Let's make sure our donations benefit as many people as possible. Items should not be bulk packaged; individual packing or individually sized packages are better (e.g. instead of one 40oz jar of peanut butter benefitting one student, donate four 10oz jars of peanut butter. The same amount of food benefits four students, not just one).
Preferred items include:
Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Single Cups
Mini Bags of Chips
Cereal (Single Cups, Mini Boxes)
Chicken Salad To-Go
Tuna Salad To-Go
Single Rice Cups
Although we are trying to do an ABC food drive, the following canned items are acceptable and needed:
Canned Pasta (e.g. Chef Boyardee, Spaghetti-Os)
Homecoming Events 2022
Beginning Sunday, September 25, UL Lafayette, the University Program Council, RHA, and the UL Alumni Association will host events all week long, ending with the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns squaring off against the South Alabama Jaguars at Cajun Field on Saturday, Oct. 1.
Sunday, September 25
- Homecoming Mass: 10:00 am, Our Lady of Wisdom
- Paint Your Pride: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Student Union
Monday, September 26
- Cupcake Give Away: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Alumni Center (or until they are gone!)
- Student Vanity License Plates: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Student Union, Evangeline Art Gallery
- Homecoming Fashion Show: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Cajundome Convention Center (doors open at 6:30 pm)
Tuesday, September 27
Wednesday, September 28
- Wear Red, Get Fed and Campus Cupboard Food Drive: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Student Union, on Boucher St.
- Cajuns Got Talent: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Angelle Hall
Thursday, September 29
- Yell Like Hell pep rally: 7:00 pm, Student Union Porch
Friday, September 30
- NPHC Greek Showcase and Step Show: 7:00 pm, Blackham Coliseum
Saturday, October 1
- Homecoming Parade (timeTBD): starting at Blackham, right onto Cajundome Blvd, to Cajun Field, around the Stadium to the Alumni tailgating area
- Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns vs. South Alabama Jaguars: time TBD, Cajun Field (Geaux Cajuns!)