The University Program Council invites all students and organizations to participate in Homecoming Week 2021 events and festivities! This year, Homecoming Week is October 24 -October 30, 2021.
Homecoming Week is the epitome of University of Louisiana at Lafayette pride! Celebrating the sheer awesomeness of UL Lafayette and bringing alumni back to reminisce on the great times they shared is a huge part of Homecoming Week. The University Program Council presents a week of events that inspire students to love their University more and more each day. Kicking off the week with Paint Your Pride window decorating, various student organizations exhibit their artistic talents by depicting Ragin' Cajun scenes from football fields to the Walk of Honor to our beloved fleur-de-lis. Throughout the week, students are able to get free cupcakes at our Cupcake Give Away, run around campus discovering interesting facts about UL Lafayette during the Scavenger Hunt, show their skills in Cajuns Got Talent, scream at the top of their lungs for the Ragin' Cajuns football team at theYell Like Hell pep rally, and end the week by cheering on the Ragin' Cajuns at the Homecoming football game. Additionally, the Homecoming Court recognizes outstanding UL Lafayette students and showcases their achievements and contributions to the betterment of the University.
A new tradition that began in 2018, the Homecoming Court now includes The Queen, four Maids, a King, and four dukes. All organizations are encouraged to nominate one female and one male to interview for the Court. Homecoming Court nominations are now open! The form can be found on Engage HERE. All nominations are due no later than 12:00 pm on Tuesday, September 28, 2021. Late nominations will be not be accepted. Your Homecoming Court will be introduced during Homecoming Week!
For 2021's Wear Red, Get Fed and Donation Drive, we are focusing on the University's Campus Cupboard. The Campus Cupboard is an ABC Food Pantry (Anything But Cans). Many students do not own can openers, and a lot of canned items are high in sodium, low in nutritional value, and undesirable to students - and therefore do not get used. Let's make sure our donations benefit as many people as possible. Items should not be bulk packaged; individual packing or individually sized packages are better (e.g. instead of one 40oz jar of peanut butter benefitting one student, donate four 10oz jars of peanut butter. The same amount of food benefits four students, not just one).
Items currently needed:
Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Single Cups
Mini Bags of Chips
Cereal (Single Cups, Mini Boxes)
Chicken Salad To-Go
Tuna Salad To-Go
Single Rice Cups
Although we are trying to do an ABC food drive, the following canned items are acceptable and needed:
Canned Pasta (e.g. Chef Boyardee, Spaghetti-Os)
Homecoming Events 2021
Beginning Sunday, October 24, UL Lafayette, the University Program Council, RHA, and the UL Alumni Association will host events all week long, ending with the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns squaring off against the Texas State Bobcats at Cajun Field on Saturday, Oct. 30
Sunday, October 24
- Homecoming Mass: 10:00 am, Our Lady of Wisdom
- Paint Your Pride: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Student Union
- Scavenger Hunt: starts at noon, ends at 12:00 pm on Friday!
Monday, October 25
- Cupcake Give Away: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Alumni Center (or until they are gone!)
- Fashion Show: 7:00 pm, Cajundome Convention Center
Tuesday, October 26
- Campus Feud, 7:00 pm, Fletcher Hall, Room 134
Wednesday, October 27
- Wear Red, Get Fed and Campus Cupboard Food Drive: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, on the Quad
- Cajuns Got Talent: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Student Union Ballroom
Thursday, October 28
- Yell Like Hell pep rally: 7:00 pm, Student Union Porch
Friday, October 29
- NPHC Step Show: 7:00 pm, Cajundome Convention Center; tickets available at the Cajundome Box Office. Tickets are $13.50 in advance, $23.50 day of the show.
Saturday, October 30
- Homecoming Parade: starting at 8:30 am at Blackham, right onto Cajundome Blvd, to Cajun Field, around the Stadium to the Alumni tailgating area
- Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns vs. Texas State Bobcats: 11 a.m., Cajun Field (Geaux Cajuns!)