The University Program Center invites all students and organizations to participate in Homecoming Week 2023 events and festivities! This year, Homecoming Week is October 15 - October 21, 2023.
Homecoming Week is the epitome of Ragin' Cajuns pride! Celebrating the sheer awesomeness of UL Lafayette and bringing alumni back to reminisce on the great times they shared is a huge part of Homecoming Week. The University Program Center presents a week of events that inspire students to love their University more and more each day. Kicking off the week with Paint Your Pride window decorating, various student organizations exhibit their artistic talents by depicting Ragin' Cajun scenes from football fields to the Walk of Honor to our beloved fleur-de-lis. Throughout the week, students are able to get free cupcakes at our Cupcake Give Away, show their skills in Cajuns Got Talent, scream at the top of their lungs for the Ragin' Cajuns football team at our Yell Like Hell pep rally, and end the week by cheering on the Ragin' Cajuns at the Homecoming football game. Additionally, the Homecoming Court recognizes outstanding UL Lafayette students and showcases their achievements and contributions to the betterment of the University.
The Homecoming Court includes The Queen, four Maids, a King, and four dukes. Your Homecoming Court has been announced. for more information, click here!
For 2023's Wear Red, Get Fed and Donation Drive, we are focusing on the University's Campus Cupboard. The Campus Cupboard is an ABC Food Pantry (Anything But Cans). Many students do not own can openers, and a lot of canned items are high in sodium, low in nutritional value, and undesirable to students - and therefore do not get used. Let's make sure our donations benefit as many people as possible. Items should not be bulk packaged; individual packing or individually sized packages are better (e.g. instead of one 40oz jar of peanut butter benefitting one student, donate four 10oz jars of peanut butter. The same amount of food benefits four students, not just one).
Preferred items include:
Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese Single Cups
Mini Bags of Chips
Cereal (Single Cups, Mini Boxes)
Chicken Salad To-Go
Tuna Salad To-Go
Single Rice Cups
Although we are trying to do an ABC food drive, the following canned items are acceptable and needed:
Canned Pasta (e.g. Chef Boyardee, Spaghetti-Os)
For an updated 2023 Homecoming Rules and Regulations document, please click here.
Homecoming Events 2023
Beginning Sunday, October 15, UL Lafayette, the University Program Center, RHA, and the UL Alumni Association will host events all week long, ending with the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns squaring off against the Georgia State Panthers at Cajun Field on Saturday, Oct. 21.
Sunday, October 15
- Paint Your Pride: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Student Union
Monday, October 16
- Cupcake Give Away: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Student Union Porch (or until they are gone!)
- Student Vanity License Plates: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Student Union Porch
- Ragin' on the Runway Fashion Show: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Blackham Coliseum (doors open at 6:30 pm)
Tuesday, October 17
- Paint the Res Halls Red: For students residing in Residence Halls. Registration due by October 16th.
Wednesday, October 18
- Wear Red, Get Fed (meals handed out until they are gone) and Campus Cupboard Food Drive: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, on the Quad.
- Cajuns Got Talent: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Blackham Coliseum (doors open at 5:30 pm).
Thursday, October 19
- Yell Like Hell: pep rally: 6:30 pm, Blackham Coliseum
- Aux Cord Wars Live music event: immediately after Yell Like Hell, Blackham Coliseum
Friday, October 20
- NPHC Greek Showcase and Step Show: 7:00 pm, Blackham Coliseum
Saturday, October 21
- Homecoming Parade: departing at 3:00 pm, starting at Blackham, right onto Cajundome Blvd, to Cajun Field, around the Stadium to the Alumni tailgating area
- Homecoming Student Tailgating: Cajun Practice Field (next to Cajun Field), starting at 4:00 pm
- Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns vs. Georgia State Panthers: 7:00 pm, Cajun Field (Geaux Cajuns!)